How to beat Digital Marketing with Cold Calling?
Google, Facebook and Instagram have become main platform in generating sales. These digital platforms allow flexibility in managing your marketing budget and you only pay for traffic generated by the ads. People speculating, cold call is sunsetting as technology evolving. However, cold call still one of main approach adopting by corporate in promoting their service or product, especially for B2B businesses. The Brevet Group confirmed that much, noting 92% more customer interaction will take place on phone. This means phone calls are unavoidable and it will engage your customers better. In this article, we are sharing 5 important cold call techniques that really works.
- Know who you are calling. Remember to address by their name or company name when call is picked up. Addressing their name and introduce yourself at the beginning of call can gain more confidence from customers as they could understand this is not a phone scams. Besides, telling customer how you acquired their contacts is a plus point to remind customer that they could have submitted or engaged with your brand prior to the call. Using their names communicates respect and friendliness will often endear them to continue to continue the conversation.
- Weak Value, Wrong propositions. Do not focus too much on your solution but not their problem. Explain what the product and what the advantage is because customers are interested in something that is able to provide benefits to them. Let them know the use of the product and how your product can make your customer’s life easier. It is important to make them think they need it in order to make them buy from you.
- Avoid hard selling.Being over-aggressive to your customers might cause your customers lack of interest or feel annoyed and have the urge to hang up the phone immediately. Avoid selling the same selling point if customer already released signal of rejection. Try other selling points or quote other example how your product could benefit them. Remember, cold call is a two-way communication, you may want to find out customer’s needs and wants, so allow customer to speak.
- Reading a script like an emotionless robot. You should prepare a script but not read the script directly to your customer. Call script is very useful for someone to begin with cold call but relying too much on the script make your call emotionless. You should remember that you are communicating with customer and script is merely to remind you about call flow and selling points. Understand what their needs is and how your product could help them is the main objective.
- Always send follow-up notes to your customers after the call. You can send email or WhatsApp follow-up notes and info documents that related to your product to your customers after the call. Some people are visually oriented and may not able to impress from listening a call. When that is the message being communicated, it encourages them to leave a deep impression and remember you as well.